samedi 4 août 2012

Italy.

I'm baaaack! Hurray!
Let's clarify this, I'm not that happy to be back from Italy, but to be back on the internet. I had no computer for the last week, which was quite annoying, especially since I have this post to write about my recent trip to Italy.
So here we go!

With a friend we chose to go to Italy for this summertrip, thinking it would be completely appropriate for the season&also our states of mind. I have been wanting to go to Roma since I first saw the Lizzie Mc Guire movie(please tell me I'm not the only one). That means quite a number of years right?
Unfortunately I guess all those years of waiting kind of raised my expectations a bit too high.

We went to Venice first, which is the city I liked the best.
Venice is a very magical place. During the day it is very beautiful, with many little streets to wander in, lots of building to admire the amazing details&decorations, lots of nice little hidden restaurants...
But to me, it's only when the sun has gone down that the city reveals itself, by dressing up with shadows and ghostly atmospheer. Venice is so magnificient and mysterious by night that I think sleeping the whole day to actually only discover it by night would be a good idea.
It feels like a village with the huge&imposing venetian architecture, the sea is everywhere, but it's very different from a city on the seaside.
I really liked the city, that is weirdly enough, almost completely empty of tourists by night, which is, let's be honest, quite nice.
















 Second destination was Florence.
 I must say I was a bit skeptical beforehand, just because this didn't look like the kind of city I would like. But it was on the way to Rome, and close to Pise to where we were wanting to go. I ended up liking the days we spent there, not so much the city, eventhough it reminded me a bit of my hometown for some reason, but I missed the presence of the sea, it was very dry&hot. Nevertheless it's a beautiful city to which I'd probably go back, but defnitely not in summer. And definitely with a bit more money too.





Now into Rome, apparently one of the most beautiful cities of Europe.
It's a bit hard for me to write what I think of it, because I wasn't in the best conditions to appreciate it first of all, but also because to be honest, it was a bit of a disappointment.
I was expecting so much from Rome, that it just didn't make it to my visions of it I guess.
The city is very dirty, the people are not really friendly nor polite and eventhough there are beautiful monuments(which I was so moved to finally see)the city has a lot of potential that is not used.
I guess there are cities you just don't overly like, right?










We were supposed to go Napoli, Pompei&Ischia but my friend had to go back to Paris, so we cancelled Pompei&Ischia and just spent a day in Napoli, waiting for the flight that would take us back to Paristhebeautiful.



All in all, this trip was amazing, obviously, every trip is a great chance&opportunity and I'm grateful that I made it, finally, to Italy, but this is definitely not one of my top destination, as I really loved Germany and Hungary better for example. I found the people rude&unfriendy which really annoyed me, since I like talking&sharing things with total strangers, thing which was completely out of question there. But obviously some people were very kind, and obviously some of the things I saw during this trip were just breathtaking, like the Coliseum or Burano.

So that's it for my little rambling over Italy.
Ciao!



1 commentaire:

  1. I enjoyed Italy when I was there, but these photos make me want to go back immediately!
    Also, beautiful yellow dress!

    RépondreSupprimer